Address: c/ Santa Ana, 39
Phoone 954 14 00 11
The building is the only remaining part of the old Santo Domingo convent, built by the people of Carmona as a hermitage in 1501. Outside the town walls and built next to what was the old cemetery of Carmona, it was occupied by the Dominican order until the largescale state confiscation of ecclesiastical property between 1835 and 1837.
Points of interest
The church has a Latin cross floor design; a transept and presbytery with a ribbed vault, while the main body of the nave has a barrel vault and lunettes, all reflecting both Mudejar and Renaissance styles (15th-16th centuries) with Baroque additions in the main nave dating to the 18th century.
It is currently owned by the Carmona Town Hall and is being converted into a place for cultural and educational use.