Address: c/ El Salvador, 2
Phone: 954 14 00 11
It is located in the old San Teodomiro college, whose construction was finished in 1621, and which was the residence of the Society of Jesus order, (the Jesuits), in Carmona.
The expulsion of the Jesuits in the reign of Charles III led to a change in the use of the building which became a school. It was adapted to be the town hall in 1842, with additional alterations carried out in 1980 and again in 1992.
Points of interest
The building is organized around what was the old cloister.
Here we can see an important Roman mosaic (called the Mosaic of the Medusa) which was found during excavations in the old part of the town and which were originally part of the second-century AD Roman baths.
In the main meeting hall there is a memorial stone of Tulio Amelia dating to the first century A.D., fragments of the Bruma mosaic and other fragments of a mosaic depicting the four seasons, with winter personified by a masculine figure covered with a blanket (himation) with the name BRVMA underneath.
Changes to the main entry to the building led to the addition of the marble staircase and the design, in 1845, of a façade decorated with local heraldic motifs. The small door in the main façade allows access to the basement, and was once the old entrance to the Jesuit refectory.